Pages

06 July 2014

Wardrobe Architect: Part 2

Onto Week 2 of Wardrobe Architect.

This week we begin defining a core style using words that describe the mood, feeling, colours we feel best in.



When you are wearing your favorite clothing, how do you feel (e.g. confident, sexy,poised, powerful, etc)?
Comfortable, effortless, light, inconspicuous, young


When you’re wearing something that is not quite right, how do you feel? What are the feelings you want to avoid about the clothes you wear?
Conspicuous, uncomfortable, heavy, trying too hard, old, fussy,


Who do you consider to be your style icons? What is it about them that appeals to you?
I love the style ofJean Seberg. Her blend of French and American style is really attractive to me - striped shirts, short hair, comfortable trousers, timeless - all things that I love.


From: http://ricetechdev2.wordpress.com/2011/09/16/style-icon-jean-seberg

If I had to pick someone else as a style icon, I would pick Eileen Fisher. Her clothes are simple, effortless, and comfortable. I love her colour palette and everything she makes, I want to wear.


From: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/408701734904388999/


From: http://shop.nordstrom.com/o/eileen-fisher-top-tank-trousers/3294873


What are some words that describe styles that you like in theory, but are not quite you?
Flowy, bohemian, professional, edgy


Look over your answers from last week on history, philosophy, culture, community, activities, location, and body. List at least 15 words that you associate with your answers. Think about descriptive words, moods, and feelings you associate with these things:

light, airy, comfortable, minimal, simple, mysterious, moody, not perfect, timeless, smart, effortless, authentic, natural, casual, sophisticated, dynamic


Look over the answers to all of the questions above. If you had to narrow your list to only 3-5 words to describe you, which words would you choose?

Natural, effortless, simple, dynamic, timeless

Collect 15-20 images that represent these 3-5 words for you.

Here are some images I found around that I am really drawn to.


This has been such a great exercise! I feel like my five words really describe who I am and what makes me feel the most confident. The next exercise will involve looking at different shapes and silhouettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment